For more information on FORG contact us:
Follow us on Facebook
- Opening Cocktail Party – Friday 12th April – 4.30-7pm -ALL Booked out!
- Exhibition: THIS COMING WEEKEND:
Saturday & Sunday 13th & 14th April during Food Week 10am – 4pm
Membership runs from July to June each year. If you join now you will receive membership for the coming year as well! Renewals are not due until JUNE 2019 – please dont renew using this form! You will be sent a reminder with a link to RENEW!
ALAN Sisly Oration 2019
Hear Wendy Sharpe speak about her extroadinary career.
- Thursday 28th May 2019. 6.30 for 7pm. Orange Regional Conservatorium.
- Book online here OR at the gallery.
- Download more information here
November 18 Update from the FORG President – Richard Walker
The Committee of FORG is a busy as ever and I would like to update members on the following:
Strategic Plan for FORG
In early November the Committee had a planning session to examine if FORG is on the right track and to clarify whether what we are doing is relevant into the future. Subjects considered included: What are some new things FORG can do? How do we attract younger people to become members of FORG? Are there alternate/better ways to raise funding?
A draft document has been put together with ideas on a range of activities and I hope to be able to release the final version to members early in the New Year.
Do you have a view? What do you like or not like about being a member of FORG? What can FORG do better for members? If you have any comments, please feel free to contact me to discuss
Sculptures in an Orange Garden
Organisation is well under way for our gala fund-raising event on Saturday13th and Sunday 14th April 2019 at ‘Rosemont’. We have already called for entries and there has been a lot of interest. The event promises to be bigger and better than last year. Don’t forget the Cocktail Party Preview at Rosemont on Friday 12th April – bookings for this are required – check the FORG website – https://org.nsw.gov.au/friends/sculpture-in-an-orange-garden/
The Alan Sisley Oration
This will be held on Tuesday 28th May 2019. We have an exciting speaker for this and will announce closer to the event. Organisation for this is progressing.
Members only events
We have a series of members only events in the pipeline for 2019 including visits to local artists’ studios and exciting contemporary Art collections in Sydney. More information as it comes to hand.
Discounts for Members
Groundstone Café has offered a 10% discount for card holding members of FORG. The discount is applicable for food and coffee but NOT alcohol and is for a single member’s purchase only (i.e. discount cannot be applied to a group purchase) Discounts will only be applicable if the individual FORG member presents their membership card at time of payment
Membership is due for 2018-19 year – we would love you to join us!
- OR pay with cash or cheque at the Gallery
- Individual, family, 3 year and concession memberships available
- 2018 Yearly FORG membership is valid until 30/6/2019
- 2081 3 Yearly FORG membership is valid until 30/6/2021
- REMEMBER FORG membership gives you reciprocal rights at all the Australian state art galleries
- This means you get members prices and discounts & access to members lounges etc! (may vary between galleries – but definitely the NSW & VIC galleries!)
- As well membership shows your support OUR gallery!
August 18 Update from the FORG President – Richard Walker
A new President, a new Committee and thoughts turn to what the FORG do and why we do it.
From our Constitution, the Object of Association is to: Assist The Orange Regional Gallery in the promotion and fostering of art appreciation within the community of Orange and its district.
From previous planning exercises it was determined that:
• FORG’s main task is fundraising to support the Gallery’s purchase of significant art works
• Provide opportunity for members to meet socially with others who enjoy and make art and
• Provide opportunities to further understanding of art works, art movements and artists practice
Why do we do this? Is this still relevant to FORG in 2018? These questions are to be examined in a planning workshop for the Committee early in November where we will be looking at our role into the future.
Do you have a view? What do you like or not like about being a member of FORG? What can FORG do better for members? What are some new things FORG can do? How do we attract younger people to become members of FORG? Are there alternate/better ways to raise funding? Should Orange be a tourist art destination?
Do you have a view? I would love to hear from anyone who has any suggestions – please feel free to contact me
0409 920 050
The 2019 Oration is being planned
2018 was presented by Julie McCrossin
The Alan Sisley Oration is an annual event to celebrate the contribution of Alan Sisley ( a long time Directory of Orange Regional Gallery). It aims to bring prominent people in the Arts to Orange to present a talk on current issues relating to the Arts.
Stay tuned for information on the AS Oration for 2019!