Orange Regional Gallery is supported by Friends of Orange Regional Gallery (FORG) – an active community organisation with over 400 members.
FORG is an incorporated association whose aim is to assist Orange Regional Gallery in the promotion and fostering of art appreciation within the community of Orange, NSW and district.
- New members: simply select a category and pay
- Renewing members: click on ‘already a member’ in the top right and log in.
- You can check your membership status at the above link
- Alternatively, you can pay at Orange Regional Gallery reception
Email issues with FORG emails:
- Please add ‘email@example.com’ to your safe senders list to ensure your verification and other emails don’t end up in junk mail
- Please check your JUNK mail if you don’t receive our emails
- BIGPOND users in particular, may find the email in their junk folder OR only in their online version of their account. Please mark as ‘not junk‘ – and it should go into your inbox
What we do
FORG provides significant community support for the Orange Regional Gallery in the following ways:
FORG raises funds for the purchase of art works for the Gallery’s permanent collection.
Over the past 30 years, FORG have assisted with the purchase of over 30 significant artworks by nationally celebrated artists as well as significant works by artists from the Orange region for the Gallery’s Permanent Collection. Supporting the Gallery through fundraising initiatives is a high priority for FORG.
FORG organises social and educational events
In addition to providing catering for every exhibition opening at the Gallery, FORG also holds special events, focusing on art and convivial conversation. These are accompanied by local food and wine. FORG aims to promote new ideas in art, design and architecture through talks, films and trips to other galleries.
Annual events include:
The Alan Sisley Oration
The Alan Sisley Oration is an annual event to celebrate the contribution of Alan Sisley (Director of Orange Regional Gallery from 1991 – 2014). The Oration brings prominent speakers to Orange to present a talk on current issues relating to the arts.
Previous speakers have included Wendy Sharpe (2019), Julie McCrossin AM (2018), John Bell (2017), Jane Rutter (2016) and Edmund Capon AM OBE (2015).
Sculpture in an Orange Garden
Sculpture in an Orange Garden is a two day selling sculpture exhibition in a prominent garden in the Orange Region. The event coincides with the annual F.O.O.D week festival each year. Established in 2018, this hugely successful event presents over 200 sculptures by artists from the region and further afield. There is a children’s component too so even young sculptors can get involved.
Who we are
The FORG committee
FORG is administered by a volunteer committee. An AGM is held in August or September each year and members can nominate for a position on the organising committee.
Current Committee Members:
President: Richard Walker
Vice President: Maria Edwards
Treasurer: Nick Zagrophos
Secretary: Sue Olden