Orange Regional Gallery welcomes proposals from local, regional and national artists and curators for exhibitions in one of our three gallery spaces.
The exhibition program is curated by the Director and Gallery staff with guidance from the Exhibition Advisory Committee. The Committee meet up to three times each year to assess proposals.
The deadline for the next round is Friday 29th December 2017, with proposals being assessed in late January 2018.
The committee will take into consideration:
- current programming
- artistic excellence and clarity of purpose
- benefit to the Gallery and our community
- benefit to the artist
- relevance to the region
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Exhibition proposals must include the following:
- A clear outline or rationale of the proposed exhibition (max 200 words)
- Overview of the ideas and intentions behind the work. (max 400 words)
- Proposed layout of exhibition/number of works and preferred Gallery space
- A brief artist’s bio (and curator’s bio – if applicable)
- Relevant support material if available e.g. catalogue from previous exhibition
- links to relevant websites
- a selection of digital images (jpegs) of the work to be exhibited or recent representative works (Maximum 10 for solo exhibitions and 15 for group exhibition proposals) – USB or CD preferred.
- for time-based media – please provide a link or submit on USB drive or DVD.
Orange Regional Gallery offers individual artists a fee of $500 and covers all expenses relating to catalogues, invitations, openings, advertising, accommodation etc. Transport costs are also taken into consideration and negotiated depending on the project. We do not cover the expenses for production of artworks unless by prior arrangement.
Your application should include a basic budget with which we can assess the feasibility of your project.
Works can be made available for sale. Please note that the Gallery takes a 25% commission.
Download the Gallery’s floorplans and include your preference from Gallery 1, 2 or 3:
Please forward applications to:
Orange Regional Gallery
PO Box 35
Orange NSW 2800
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please note that emails over 10MB will be blocked by the server).
All applicants (artists, curators and touring institutions) are advised to contact the Director Brad Hammond prior to submitting a proposal on (02) 6393 8136.