Summer School Holiday Workshops
We’re pleased to offer a range of school holiday workshops from 15-25 January 2019. CLICK HERE for more information and booking details.
Young Archie Central West
Budding artists from the Central West, between the ages of 5 and 18 are invited to submit a portrait for the Young Archie competition, as part of the 2018 Archibald Prize regional tour to Orange Regional Gallery. The portrait should be of a person who is special to you – someone who is known to you and plays an important role in your life.
There are four age categories:
5 – 8 year olds
9 – 12 year olds
13 – 15 year olds
16 – 1 8 year olds
Finalists from each category will be exhibited at
Orange Regional Gallery from 9 February – 11 April 2019. One winner will be chosen in each category. Each category winner will receive a $50 cash prize provided by ANZ.
- One artwork per entrant.
- You may use any art materials you like but your artwork must be two-dimensional and on good-quality paper so it can be framed for display if you are a finalist.
- Can be vertical or horizontal.
- Must be A3 (420 x 297 mm) and no thicker than 1cm.
- Should be clearly labeled on the back with which way it should be displayed, along with your name, age, address and contact details. Make sure this doesn’t show through to the front.
- Download, print and complete the entry form HERE or collect one from the Gallery. The form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Your artwork and the application form should be sent flat, not folded or rolled. We suggest you place it between two pieces of cardboard to protect it.
- If you would like your artwork to be returned after the competition, please also enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope of the correct size. Families submitting artwork for more than one child must enclose one envelope per artwork due to the way that entries are processed.
- Entries can be hand delivered or mailed to:
Young Archie Competition
Orange Regional Gallery
149 Byng Street
ORANGE NSW 2800
- Competition opens 9 November 2018
- Entries must be received by 4pm Sunday 27 January 2019.
- Finalists will be displayed from 9 February until 11 April 2019
- Winners will be announced on 22 February 2019